Release of Information
How Do I Transfer Or Request Copies Of My Medical Records?
To obtain your medical records you must submit a completed Release of Information form. You must be 18 years of age or the parent or legal guardian of a minor patient or have some other legal authority to request a medical record. Please follow these instructions to ensure smooth processing of your request:
- Fill out the form as completely as you can.
- Be sure to include both the name and address that you would like your records released to.
- Be specific as you can about the type of information that you would like released (e.g. specific dates of service, specific treatment, just your immunizations, etc).
- The authorization form must include a signature, date, and time on the bottom of the form.
- For any mental health, chemical dependency, or HIV/Aids results to be released, the signature box in the center of the first page must be checked and signed.
- Please mail, fax, email, or drop-off the authorization form to the Trinity Health Release of Information Department. See the right side of the page for details.
- There is a charge for copies of medical records for personal use. You may call the phone number listed to the right for the fee, or download the Medical Records Pricing Inforamtion link below.
- Payment options: credit card, cash, check or money order.
Patient Downloads:Click here to download Release of Information Form
Click here for Medical Records Pricing Information
How Do I Obtain A Copy Of My Birth Certificate?
A Birth Certificate is issued from the ND State Department of Vital Statistics site with an email address of: ndhealth.gov/vital/birth.htm
You may also call them at (701) 328-2360 or write to them for more information at:
ND State Department of HealthDivision of Vital Records
600 East Blvd Ave
Bismarck, ND 58505-0200