Medical Specialty: Neurosurgery
Peripheral Nerve Surgery
Carpal Tunnel Syndrome - Decompresses or releases pressure on the median nerve of the wrist. Eases pain, numbness, grip weakness, tingling and other symptoms associated with carpal tunnel.
Ulnar Nerve Transposition - Releases ulnar nerve which has "crossed over" the elbow and become entrapped, producing arm and elbow pain.
Shunt Placement - Promotes normal flow of cerebral spinal fluid which has become blocked due to brain swelling, tumor, or disruption in fluid reabsorption pathways from blood or other debris. Alleviates increased intracranial pressure and lessens threat of hydrocephalus or excess water within the head.
Specific Neurosurgery Procedures
- For removal or resection of brain tumors, including glioma and meningioma.
- For removal of pituitary tumors Trinity Health offers the Transsphenoidal Approach, a minimally invasive procedure which removes pituitary tumors through an incision in the nasal passage.
- Traumatic brain injury repair
- Traumatic spinal injury repair
- Minimally invasive spine surgery
- Navigation guided biopsy and removal of brain tumors
- Navigation guided biopsy and removal of spinal cord tumors
- Reconstruction of the degenerative spine
- Extracranial and intracranial vascular disease
- Stroke management
- Spinal cord stimulator placement
- Lumbar microdiskectomy
- Spinal laminectomy
- Navigation guided fusion of cervical, thoracic and lumbar spine
- Nonsurgical treatment and follow up of spinal vertebral fractures