Trinity Health AuxiliaryThe Auxiliary board of directors formulates policy and plans, recruits members, and directs the affairs of the organization on behalf of the total membership and in the interests of Trinity Health.
Volunteer & MembershipVolunteers are not required to join the Auxiliary, their membership and support of the Auxiliary is welcomed. Auxiliary Board meetings are the 2nd Tuesday of each month at 9:00AM (except July and August).
History of Trinity Health AuxiliaryTheir beginning was humble, but probably typical of organizations at that time. The year was 1933, and 38 women assembled, paid dues of 50 cents, and officially became member of the Trinity Auxiliary. Likewise, their early projects also were simple, but clearly needed by Trinity Hospital. The Auxiliary funded some kitchen utensils, a stove, and in December 1933, all funds on hand - $154.00 – were given to the Trinity Hospital Board to be applied to the purchase of two “shadow- less” lamps for the operating rooms.
This committed corps of volunteers dedicated not only their money, but also their time and talents. Throughout the years, Auxiliary members have sewed crib sheets and blankets, curtains and dish clothes, and large flannel boots for babies at Christmas.
The Auxiliary members of the 1930’s - 1960’s probably could not have envisioned the projects which would be funded in more recent decades. Skywalks, cafeteria, South Ridge and ICU-area renovations, vans, buses for both Trinity Hospital and Trinity Homes, high- tech medical equipment like Life Bot- the long list goes on. The Auxiliary is currently helping to raise funds for the new Trinity Hospital, as well as funds for Trinity’s heart program through the Trinity Health Auxiliary Healthy Hearts Club.
For more information contact our volunteer services office: